Home page Pages en Franšais    
Deutsche Seiten 
| Main page | Tour programme | Picture galleries | Tour organisation| News| Links | Contact |

Go to picture
Previous<<   >>Next

Lagginbiwak

Lagginbiwak

The Laggin Biwak was originally a gift from the independent Swiss women's alpine club to the Monte Rosa Section of the SAC. It was built in 1959 at a different place than the current one. In fact, if one has a look at the Swiss topographic map, one will observe that a path continues along the moraine in direction of the Lagginhorn. It is, in fact the former access path to the bivouac. This one was located not far from the quoted point 2791.


An avalanche destroyed the bivouac in 1981. This is the reason why it was re-erected a bit lower, on its current spot.

Go to the gallery of the picture

The pictures may be copied at one's discretion as long as they are used for non-commercial purposes. Should they be exhibited in some way, please mention the author (Charles Lehmann) and the website.

Last update: December 15th, 2018